JALAPÃO PARK 6 days, 5 nights
Palmas (1 night) ↠ Ponte Alta do Tocantins (1 night)
↠ Mateiros (2 nights) ↠ São Felix do Tocantins (1 night) ↠ Palmas
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
Little known, the Jalapão region, in Tocantins, is a set of five conservation units, including a state park, and has 34,000 km². The scenery is one of the most exuberant in Brazil : crystalline waterfalls, emerald green natural pools, plateaus and orange dunes up to 40m high.
Our self driving tour is a loop in the Jalapão Park, which begins and ends in Palmas, the capital of Tocantins, and stops in pretty hotel-pousadas or lodges in the 3 main towns within the Jalapão Park : Ponte Alta do Tocantins to the south, Mateiros to the east and São Felix do Tocantins to the north.
All the notable activities of the Jalapão Park are included in the program, a total of 15 in 6 days, in particular the 7 main "fervedouros", the most remarkable natural phenomenon that can be observed in this region.
* Swimming, floating and snorkeling in the "fervedouros". Try to sink and feel the pressure of the water that brings you to the surface so quickly ! Unique sensations in the middle of lush vegetation...
* Sunrise from the top of Serra do Espirito Santo, overlooking the valleys and the dunes of Jalapão, after a steep climb of 30mn, illuminated by headlamps
* Sunsets at the Pedra Furada and over the Jalapão dunes, when the beautiful surrounding landscapes change color in a few minutes
*"Mystical" walk in the small Canyon of Sussuapara
* Rafting at Velha waterfall (optional)
* Refreshing swim in the crystalline waterfalls of Roncadeira, Formiga and Ararás
* At least one night at Jalapão Ecolodge...
D1 Arrival in Palmas A (20 km)
D2 Palmas - Ponte Alta do Tocantins B (215 km)
D3 Ponte Alta do Tocantins - Mateiros C (235 km)
D4 Activities around Mateiros (110 km)
D5 Mateiros - São Felix do Tocantins D (134 km)
D6 São Felix do Tocantins - Palmas A (247 km)
LOCAL ACCREDITED GUIDE
* It is necessary to have a local accredited guide (holder of a professional badge) to acess certain attractions, for example the dunes of Jalapão, and mainly not to lose time or get lost on the dirt roads of Jalapão Park where wifi, 3G and 4G are hardly present except hotels and restaurants. He (she) guides you in all trips by car as in hiking and knows perfectly the activity sites, the best points of view,...
* The local accredited guide is permanently at the disposition of the group, he (she) speaks Portuguese and, if necessary, English. He (she) takes care of check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, and pays the entrance fees to the natural sites.
* The local accredited guide knows all the service providers in the area and can activate them quickly if necessary (emergency aid,...).
* The local accredited guide can drive your car if you want to rest and enjoy the scenery more.
* Last but not least... the local accredited guide will tell you a lot about the Jalapão Park, the fervedouros,...
Note : For more than 8 people, a second guide accompanies the group, at no extra charge.
Day by Day Program
• Meeting point at Palmas Intl Airport (PLW), to collect the rental vehicles.
• Transfer to our hotel in Palmas, for check-in and rest.
• City-tour by car and dinner downtown.
CHECK LIST for your travel baggage
• Appropriate outdoor clothing
• Efficient repellent
-> Will be shared with the participants
YOUR RENTAL CAR : 4x4 or 4x2 or SUV
• Power 1.6 / 1.8
• Automatic steering (preferably or manual otherwise)
• Air conditioning and
• Free mileage
• Theft / accident / civil
Fervedouros are sources of underground rivers that, generally, do not have space for water drainage and, therefore, form a kind of natural pool.The pressure exerted by the water gushing from the groundwater allows people to float all the time.
FRESHWATER SPRING POOLS