JALAPÃO PARK Self Driving Tour
JALAPÃO PARK 6 days, 5 nights
Palmas (1 night) ↠ Ponte Alta do Tocantins (1 night)
↠ Mateiros (2 nights) ↠ São Felix do Tocantins (1 night) ↠ Palmas
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
Little known, the Jalapão region, in Tocantins, is a set of five conservation units, including a state park, and has 34,000 km². The scenery is one of the most exuberant in Brazil : crystalline waterfalls, emerald green natural pools, plateaus and orange dunes up to 40m high.
Our self driving tour is a loop in the Jalapão Park, which begins and ends in Palmas, the capital of Tocantins, and stops in pretty hotel-pousadas or lodges in the 3 main towns within the Jalapão Park : Ponte Alta do Tocantins to the south, Mateiros to the east and São Felix do Tocantins to the north.
All the notable activities of the Jalapão Park are included in the program, a total of 15 in 6 days, in particular the 7 main "fervedouros", the most remarkable natural phenomenon that can be observed in this region.
* Swimming, floating and snorkeling in the "fervedouros". Try to sink and feel the pressure of the water that brings you to the surface so quickly ! Unique sensations in the middle of lush vegetation...
* Sunrise from the top of Serra do Espirito Santo, overlooking the valleys and the dunes of Jalapão, after a steep climb of 30mn, illuminated by headlamps
* Sunsets at the Pedra Furada and over the Jalapão dunes, when the beautiful surrounding landscapes change color in a few minutes
*"Mystical" walk in the small Canyon of Sussuapara
* Rafting at Velha waterfall (optional)
* Refreshing swim in the crystalline waterfalls of Roncadeira, Formiga and Ararás
* At least one night at Jalapão Ecolodge...
D1 Arrival in Palmas A (20 km)
D2 Palmas - Ponte Alta do Tocantins B (215 km)
D3 Ponte Alta do Tocantins - Mateiros C (235 km)
D4 Activities around Mateiros (110 km)
D5 Mateiros - São Felix do Tocantins D (134 km)
D6 São Felix do Tocantins - Palmas A (247 km)
GUIDE AND ASSISTANCE VEHICLE
* It is necessary to have a local guide so as not to get lost on the dirt roads of Jalapão Park where wifi, 3G and 4G are hardly present except in hotels and restaurants, and this guide must be accredited (holder of a professional badge) to access certain attractions, for example the dunes of Jalapão. The guide knows the route and opens the convoy with the 4x4 assistance vehicle, stopping at the best points of view.
* The guide is permanently at the disposition of the group. He speaks several languages, including necessarily English and the language of the country, this can be useful if you do not master it enough.
* The 4x4 assistance vehicle carries the first aid kit, any excess baggage, a container of fuel, engine oil,...
* If necessary, the guide activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* The guide takes care of check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, access to fervedouros,...
* Last but not least... the guide tells you about the Jalapão Park, the fervedouros,...
As an option, those who do not wish to drive can request to have also a private driver during the whole trip. Please consult us in this case, an additional budget will be sent as soon as possible.
Note : For a unique group of less than 6 persons, the guide travels in your vehicle. For any convoy of 6 or more vehicles (excluding assistance vehicle opening the convoy), another assistance vehicle is included, which closes the convoy.
Day by Day Program
• Meeting point at Palmas Intl Airport (PLW), to collect the rental vehicles.
• Transfer to our hotel in Palmas, for check-in and rest.
• City-tour by car and dinner downtown.
CHECK LIST for your travel baggage
• Appropriate outdoor clothing
• Efficient repellent
-> Will be shared with the participants
YOUR RENTAL CAR : 4x4 or 4x2 or SUV
• Power 1.6 / 1.8
• Automatic steering (preferably or manual otherwise)
• Air conditioning and
• Free mileage
• Theft / accident / civil
Fervedouros are sources of underground rivers that, generally, do not have space for water drainage and, therefore, form a kind of natural pool.The pressure exerted by the water gushing from the groundwater allows people to float all the time.
FRESHWATER SPRING POOLS
Comfortable single, double, twin or triple suites or apartments with breakfast included and personalized customer service
Charming Hotels, Pousadas and Resorts in quiet and lovely areas, preferably surrounded by nature