JALAPÃO PARK 6 days, 5 nights
Palmas (1 night) ↠ Ponte Alta do Tocantins (1 night)
↠ Mateiros (2 nights) ↠ São Felix do Tocantins (1 night) ↠ Palmas
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
Little known, the Jalapão region, in Tocantins, is a set of five conservation units, including a state park, and has 34,000 km². The scenery is one of the most exuberant in Brazil : crystalline waterfalls, emerald green natural pools, plateaus and orange dunes up to 40m high.
Our self driving tour is a loop in the Jalapão Park, which begins and ends in Palmas, the capital of Tocantins, and stops in pretty hotel-pousadas or lodges in the 3 main towns within the Jalapão Park : Ponte Alta do Tocantins to the south, Mateiros to the east and São Felix do Tocantins to the north.
All the notable activities of the Jalapão Park are included in the program, a total of 15 in 6 days, in particular the 7 main "fervedouros", the most remarkable natural phenomenon that can be observed in this region.
* Swimming, floating and snorkeling in the "fervedouros". Try to sink and feel the pressure of the water that brings you to the surface so quickly ! Unique sensations in the middle of lush vegetation...
* Sunrise from the top of Serra do Espirito Santo, overlooking the valleys and the dunes of Jalapão, after a steep climb of 30mn, illuminated by headlamps
* Sunsets at the Pedra Furada and over the Jalapão dunes, when the beautiful surrounding landscapes change color in a few minutes
*"Mystical" walk in the small Canyon of Sussuapara
* Rafting at Velha waterfall (optional)
* Refreshing swim in the crystalline waterfalls of Roncadeira, Formiga and Ararás
* At least one night at Jalapão Ecolodge...