BELGRADE - SOFIA 11 days, 10 nights
Belgrade ↠ Kovin ↠ Golubac ↠ Tekija ↠ Negotin ↠ Zajecar
↠ Bélogradtchik ↠ Glavatsi ↠ Opletnya ↠ Sofia
700 km by bike in 9 days, 78 km on average per day, requires a minimum of physical preparation beforehand, but it is still cycling tourism, everyone at their own pace, with as many stops as the landscapes or shortness of breath deserve ! Quality dinners and accommodation are perfect to compensate for the efforts made on the bike...
The first 4 stages follow the course of the Danube by EuroVélo 6, in the middle of the countryside. The rest takes place on secondary roads with little traffic : after a transition stage in Serbia, the relief will gradually rise in Bulgaria, until the exceptional crossing of the Balkans of Vratsa. The last stage winds along the Iscar river at the bottom of a valley dominated by pretty cliffs, before the triumphant arrival in Sofia !
This cycle route is very complete, between capitals, small towns and above all open countryside, with 50% along the Danube and 50% for the crossing of the Balkans... Return to form guaranteed, with lots of images in mind !
* The beauty of the cycling route along the Danube in Serbia, in a wild and peaceful nature, between wide plains and deep valleys
* The crossing of small towns and villages, in contact with quiet and welcoming natives
* The magnificent castles, fortresses, monasteries and Orthodox churches along the cycling route
* The discovery of the Balkans with its geological formations and its mountains which, on their own, are worth the trip
* The two national capitals, rich in history, monuments and architecture: Belgrade (with a night boat cruise on the Danube offered) and Sofia
* The gastronomy in the two countries, which really deserves to be known
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
D0 Arrival in Belgrade A Serbia
D1 Belgrade - Kovin B (70 km) "
D2 Kovin - Golubac C (80 km) "
D3 Golubac - Tekija D (96 km) "
D4 Tekija - Negotin E (100 km) "
D5 Negotin - Zajecar F (69 km) "
D6 Zajecar - Bélogradtchik G (59 km) Bulgaria
D7 Bélogradtchik - Glavatsi H (94 km) "
D8 Glavatsi - Opletnya I (64 km) "
D9 Opletnya - Sofia J (77 km) "
D10 Leaving Sofia "
THE BIKE GUIDE
* The bike guide is responsible for leading and managing the group throughout the different stages of the Bike Tour. He/she speaks several languages, including English.
* He/she is your first interlocutor for all subjects related to cycling (itinerary monitoring, small repairs,...).
* He/she carries the first aid kit and, if necessary, activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* Always with the group, he/she regulates cadence so that everyone arrives at the end of the stage. But each one is free to ride with the group or solo, to meet the group later in the day or in the evening at the hotel.
* He/she facilitates check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, border crossing procedures, access to tourist sites.
THE RENTAL BIKE, with accessories and adapted to your route
Our rental bike package includes :
* Touring Bike adapted to your route (KTM 24 Speed, RAYMON
Touring 5.0,...) with rear rack to attach panniers
* 40L Rear Panniers (2 x 20L Panniers)
* Bike Lock
* Repair Kit, Spare Tubes, Pump & Tools
* Take the bike in Belgrade and leave the bike in Sofia
OBS. : If you intend to bring your own bike, please let us know and Dream Sports Adventure will compensate you for the value of the bike rental, noting however that the transport (air, trail,...) of your bike requires special packaging and can easily cost more.