ANDEAN LAKES REGION & CHILOÉ Self Driving Tour
ANDEAN LAKES REGION & CHILOÉ 9 days, 8 nights
San Carlos de Bariloche ↠ San Martin de los Andes ↠ Pucón (2 nights) ↠ Puyehue
Castro ↠ Puyehue ↠ San Carlos de Bariloche
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
Undoubtedly some of the most beautiful lakes, forests and volcanoes ever seen on Earth...
The Lakes Region is extremely rich in volcanoes, lakes, rivers, evergreen forests, endemic flora and fauna, natural parks with unexplored areas.
The self driving tour combines the discovery in adventure mode of these magnificent landscapes of predominant nature with the visit of famous resorts and small typical towns, and the accommodation in comfortable hotels and lodges.
And Chiloé Island is a world apart in Chile, with some of the highest rainfall on the planet, but its bucolic landscapes, its peaceful and country lifestyle, its magnificent churches, its houses on stilts of the capital Castro will remain engraved in your memory of traveler to the end of the world...
* Discover San Carlos de Bariloche, the most famous ski resort in South America, and Pucón, the most charming resort in Chile (2 nights in each)
* Drive along beautiful lakes and volcanos inside National Parks and Reserves, and observe the specific fauna and flora
* Hike to the top of Villarica Volcano (alt 2.874m) for an unforgettable experience
* Enjoy the good food and comfortable hotels and lodges, in nice and famous resorts or in the middle of the nature
* On the magic Chiloé Island, taste the curanto (the renowned local mix of meat, potato and seafood stew) and sleep in accommodation on stilts….
Arrival in Bariloche A
Bariloche - San Martin de los Andes B (200 km)
San Martin de los Andes - Pucón C (185 km)
Tour around Pucón (250 km)
Pucón - Puyehue D (330 km)
Puyehue - Castro E (320 km)
Castro - Puyehue D (390 km)
Puyehue - Bariloche A (170 km)
GUIDE AND ASSISTANCE VEHICLE : Yes or No ?
* The guide is permanently at the disposition of the group.
* The guide speaks several languages, including necessarily English and the language of the country, this can be useful if you do not master it enough.
* The guide knows the route and opens the convoy with the assistance vehicle, stopping at the best points of view. You are then free to follow him or go solo, to meet the group later in the day or in the evening at the hotel.
* The assistance vehicle carries the first aid kit, any excess baggage, a container of fuel, engine oil,...
* If necessary, the guide activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* The guide takes care of check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, border crossing procedures, access to national parks, tourist sites and any other means of transport (local taxis, boat, plane),...
* Last but not least... the guide tells you about the country, the regions crossed, or even the places visited (when there is no local professional guide).
Note : For any convoy of 6 or more vehicles (excluding assistance vehicle opening the convoy), another assistance vehicle is included, which closes the convoy.
But... If you prefer adventure alone or in a small closed group and you speak the language of the country, you can do without a guide and assistance vehicle. You will have maps and GPS in the car, the same advanced logistics (vehicle rental, hotels, local guides, other means of transport,...), and a 24-hour hotline to resolve any unforeseen event.
Comfortable single, double, twin or triple suites or apartments with breakfast included and personalized customer service
Charming Hotels, Spas and Resorts in quiet and lovely areas, preferably surrounded by nature
History & Culture
Large natural lakes with peaceful and transparent waters, surrounded by green hills and preserved forests, dominated by the most majestic volcanoes of the Andes (some of which are still active) with perfect symmetries and snow-capped, lined with typical villages or internationally renowned resorts,... this is the region of lakes and volcanoes : exceptionally beautiful and varied, tremendously relaxing.
The island of Chiloé is not outdone, with its landscapes, its art of living and its architecture inherited from a distant past.
Straddling Argentina and Chile, the region of lakes and volcanoes is located at the northern end of Patagonia.
Our loop self driving tour crosses 2 Argentine provinces and 3 Chilean regions :
Rio Negro province : The most famous place of the 4th largest province of Argentine, created in 1955, is San Carlos de Bariloche, for its ski resorts and superb hiking in the nice mountains all around, as well as for its hotels, restaurants and luxury shops. We will spend the first and last day of our trip in San Carlos de Bariloche, at the edge of the beautiful Lake Nahuel Huapi, in the border between the provinces of Rio Negro and Neuquén.
While enjoying fantastic landscapes, we can also feast on delicious local gastronomy !
Day by Day Program & Prices
Click on the button below to receive the detailed program, with prices, activities included,
mileage and duration of stages, tourist attractions, meeting points,...
You will get the DREAMFIRST status and consequently a special discount !
Rescheduling or Cancellation by Customer
Rescheduling (according to availability) :
- Free of charge up to 45 days before the start of your package
- With 25% increase less than 45 days before the start of your package
- Refund of 50% up to 45 days before the start of your package
- No refund less than 45 days before the start of your package
Rescheduling or Cancellation by Dream Sports Adventure
Dream Sports Adventure reserves the right to cancel the package in case of insufficient registration, force majeure or any other valid reason, and in such circumstances will propose to reschedule according to availabilities or to fully refund the packages already purchased, without however giving entitlement to compensation.