ANDES SOUTH ROUTE Self Driving Tour
SOUTH ROUTE 12 days, 11 nights
Bariloche ↠ Puerto Varas ↠ Hornopirén ↠ Puerto Cardenas ↠ Puerto Chacabuco
Chile Chico ↠ Las Horquetas ↠ El Chaltén (2 nights) ↠ El Calafate (2 nights)
Discount on package price for extension : +2 days for return El Calafate ↠ Perito Moreno ↠ Bariloche
Patagonia from north to south : the beautiful lakes and volcanoes region, the incredible chilean fjords, the magnificent national parks of the southern Chile, the wild steppes bordering the andean cordillera in Argentina, and a spectacular finish in the region of the glaciers of Patagonia dominated by majestic snow-covered peaks.
Drive along beautiful lakes and volcanos inside National Parks and Reserves, and observe the specific fauna and flora.
Enjoy the relaxing calm of the Chilean fjords aboard the ferries to watch the spectacle of mountains that pass in front of you.
Enjoy delicious food in comfortable hotels or lodges, in the middle of beautiful national parks where nature will enchant you with its exuberance.
Discover El Chalten, the Argentine capital of trekking, at the foot of the majestic Fitz Roy
Listen to the deafening crackle of the advancing Perito Moreno Glacier, as whole blocks break off in front of you.
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
Arrival in Bariloche A
Bariloche - Puerto Varas B (304 km)
Puerto Varas - Hornopirén C (130 km)
Hornopirén - Puerto Cardenas D (111 km)
Puerto Cardenas - Puerto Chacabuco E (362 km)
Puerto Chacabuco - Chile Chico F (192 km)
Chile Chico - Las Horquetas (313 km)
Las Horquetas - El Chaltén G (359 km)
Full day in El Chaltén G (80 km)
El Chaltén - Perito Moreno (Glacier) - El Calafate H (364 km)
Full day in El Calafate H (25 km)
Leaving El Calafate H
OR El Calafate - Perito Moreno (City) (664 km)
Perito Moreno (City) - Bariloche A (799 km)
GUIDE AND ASSISTANCE VEHICLE : Yes or No ?
* The guide is permanently at the disposition of the group.
* The guide speaks several languages, including necessarily English and the language of the country, this can be useful if you do not master it enough.
* The guide knows the route and opens the convoy with the assistance vehicle, stopping at the best points of view. You are then free to follow him or go solo, to meet the group later in the day or in the evening at the hotel.
* The assistance vehicle carries the first aid kit, any excess baggage, a container of fuel, engine oil,...
* If necessary, the guide activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* The guide takes care of check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, border crossing procedures, access to national parks, tourist sites and any other means of transport (local taxis, boat, plane),...
* Last but not least... the guide tells you about the country, the regions crossed, or even the places visited (when there is no local professional guide).
Note : For any convoy of 6 or more vehicles (excluding assistance vehicle opening the convoy), another assistance vehicle is included, which closes the convoy.
But... If you prefer adventure alone or in a small closed group and you speak the language of the country, you can do without a guide and assistance vehicle. You will have maps and GPS in the car, the same advanced logistics (vehicle rental, hotels, local guides, other means of transport,...), and a 24-hour hotline to resolve any unforeseen event.
Comfortable single, double, twin or triple suites or apartments with breakfast included and personalized customer service
Charming Hotels, Spas and Resorts in quiet and lovely areas, preferably surrounded by nature
History & Culture
Our self driving tour is an extensive discovery of Patagonia form north to south, actually all Patagonia except the vast steppes south to El Calafate and the province of Tierra del Fuego. The contrast of landscapes from north to south is amazing : in the Lakes and Volcanoes region, nature is exuberant with its green pastures and huge forests, whereas it turns wild and semi desertic, therefore still beautiful, in the steppes of the province of Santa Cruz. Near El Chalten and El Calafate, we enter into the southern Patagonia ice field, which is 375km long ! But from north to south, the Andean Cordillera follows us. It changes from volcanoes to medium mountains and finally majestic peaks, but it remains the permanent feature of the glitzy decor that scrolls over miles…
Our self driving tour crosses 3 Argentine provinces and 2 Chilean regions :
Our self driving tour crosses various natural parks and reserves, including :
While discovering exceptional cities and landscapes, we can also feast on delicious local gastronomy !
Day by Day Program & Prices
Click on the button below to receive the detailed program, with prices, activities included,
mileage and duration of stages, tourist attractions, meeting points,...
You will get the DREAMFIRST status and consequently a special discount !
Rescheduling or Cancellation by Customer
Rescheduling (according to availability) :
- Free of charge up to 45 days before the start of your package
- With 25% increase less than 45 days before the start of your package
- Refund of 50% up to 45 days before the start of your package
- No refund less than 45 days before the start of your package