PATAGONIA NORTH & SOUTH Self Driving Tour
PATAGONIA NORTH & SOUTH 13 days, 12 nights
Bariloche ↠ San Martin de los Andes ↠ Pucón ↠ Puyehue ↠ Bariloche
Bariloche ↠ El Calafate
El Calafate (2 nights) ↠ Puerto Natales (2 nights) ↠ Punta Arenas ↠ Ushuaia (2 nights)
Discount on package price for extension : +2 days for return Ushuaia ↠ Río Gallegos ↠ El Calafate
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
Discovering the north and south of Patagonia on the same trip is really a MUST !
These are the two most famous parts of Patagonia, but they are totally different, having in common high quality infrastructure and services and landscapes of exceptional beauty.
4 days of self driving tour in Northern Patagonia, straddling Argentina and Chile, 900 km in the beautiful Lakes & Volcanoes region, with great stops in famous resorts and charming little villages.
7 days of self driving tour in Southern Patagonia, also straddling Argentina and Chile, 1400 km discovering the imposing glaciers and icebergs, the majestic peaks of the Andean Cordillera, recorded among the “50 Best places to see” in the world (by National Geographic).
* San Carlos de Bariloche, the most famous ski resort in South America, and Pucón, the most charming resort in Chile, dominated by the smoking Villarica volcano…
* Driving along beautiful lakes at the foot of volcanoes, inside National Parks and Reserves, observing the specific fauna and flora
* Perito Moreno, the glacier that goes forward and shatters under your eyes…
* Full day boat excursion on Lake Argentino in the midst of giant icebergs to huge glaciers Upsala & Spegazzini
* Sporty off-road excursion to Balcones de El Calafate, offering a great panoramic view to Cerro Huyliche and El Calafate
* Torres del Paine National Park, a paradise for trekking, fauna and flora observation and photography.
* Walk on the Costanera, in Punta Arenas, at the edge of the Strait of Magellan, which the greatest navigators challenged with their boats to access posterity
* Fantastic drive in a no man´s land to the “end of world city” Ushuaia
* Tierra del Fuego National park, the most southern park on the planet and the only one in Argentina with a combination of mountains, forest and sea.
Arrival in Bariloche A
Bariloche - San Martin de los Andes B (205 km)
San Martin de los Andes - Pucón C (185 km)
Pucón - Puyehue D (330 km)
Puyehue - Bariloche A (101 km)
Bariloche - El Calafate (by plane)
Full day around El Calafate E (101 km)
El Calafate - Perito Moreno Glacier O - P. Natales F (430 km)
Full day in the Torres del Paine National Park (200 km)
Puerto Natales - Punta Arenas G (295 km)
Punta Arenas - Ushuaia H (440 km)
Full day around Ushuaia (25 km)
OR Ushuaia - Río Gallegos I (580 km)
Río Gallegos - El Calafate E (305 km)
GUIDE AND ASSISTANCE VEHICLE
* The guide is permanently at the disposition of the group.
* The guide speaks several languages, including necessarily English and the language of the country, this can be useful if you do not master it enough.
* The guide knows the route and opens the convoy with the assistance vehicle, stopping at the best points of view. You are then free to follow him or go solo, to meet the group later in the day or in the evening at the hotel.
* The assistance vehicle carries the first aid kit, any excess baggage, a container of fuel, engine oil,...
* If necessary, the guide activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* The guide takes care of check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, border crossing procedures, access to national parks, tourist sites and any other means of transport (local taxis, boat, plane),...
* Last but not least... the guide tells you about the country, the regions crossed, or even the places visited (when there is no local professional guide).
Note : For any convoy of 6 or more vehicles (excluding assistance vehicle opening the convoy), another assistance vehicle is included, which closes the convoy.