LENÇÓIS MARANHENSES 4 days, 3 nights
Santo Amaro ↠ Queimada dos Britos Oasis ↠ Baixa Grande Oasis ↠ Atins
3 days of trekking through the desert, across the lagoons too!
2 to 8 hours the 1st day (according to your wishes, because the 4x4 or quad drops you with your local guide wherever you want), 3 to 4 hours the 2nd day, same as the 3rd day to the ocean. With breaks for photos or swimming in the lagoons...
No real ascents or descents, just dunes covered with a thin layer of sand which does not even burn the soles of the feet, being swept all year round by wind ! So no particular difficulty, everyone can do it with minimal physical preparation.
And everyone loves, it's a total change of scenery, it's so incredibly beautiful...
The natives welcome tourists in a very simple but so pleasant way at the oases.
The 4th day in Atins, this corner of paradise wedged between the desert and the ocean, is wonderful to rest, to enjoy a good restaurant,...
Put this trekking in your agenda, you will love it!
* The exceptional beauty, the colors, the infinity, the silence that characterize the Lençóis Maranhenses desert. Trekking in this setting is the best...
* Swimming in the freshwater lagoons, whose color, transparency, clarity and mild temperature
* The smile, the joy, the kindness and the dedication of the natives in the oases and the fishermen in their hut near the beach
* The very good food of Dona Fernanda (Queimada dos Britos oasis) and Peter & Maria Restaurant (Atins)
* The sunset over the desert and the lagoons, from the top of the dunes, like a ritual one never gets tired of
* Atins, comfort after physical effort : a meal of fish and seafood on the beach, a comfortable night in a pousada,...
* The extras included in the package : 4x4 and/or quad in the desert, speedboat from Atins to Barreirinhas,...
* São Luis do Maranhão and Alcântara, if you have time for a visit...
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
São Luis do Maranhão A - Santo Amaro B (by van/bus)
+ Santo Amaro - Queimada dos Britos (by 4x4 & hiking)
Queimada dos Britos - Baixa Grande (by hiking)
Baixa Grande - Atins (by hiking & 4x4)
Atins - Barreirinhas (by speedboat)
+ Barreirinhas C - São Luis do Maranhão A (by van/bus)
Specs & Program
32 kms (average)
- 20 m
Level of difficulty
11 hrs (average)
4 - 12 hikers
• Arrival at São Luis do Maranhão airport (SLZ).
• Transfer to the pousada in the city center of São Luís do Maranhão (by taxi/Uber, not included).
• Check-in at the pousada. Free time in São Luís. Dinner in the city center.
BAGPACK CHECK LIST
• Appropriate outdoor clothing and hiking shoes
-> Will be shared with the participants
• Complete anti-Covid vaccination certificate
• Mandatory mask wearing for all contact outside of the group
• Mandatory use of hydroalcoholic gel for all contact outside of the group
THE LENÇÓIS MARANHENSES NATIONAL PARK
The Lençóis Maranhenses National Park was created on lands belonging to the Union through Decree No. 86.060, issued on June 2, 1981 by the Presidency of the Republic.
Located in the Lençóis Maranhenses Microregion, on the northeast coast of the State of Maranhão, with a perimeter of 270 km and 156 584 hectares of area, the park is inserted in the coastal marine biome, with mangrove, sandbank and dune ecosystems.