MUNICH - BUDAPEST 11 days, 10 nights
Munich ↠ Passau
Passau ↠ Linz ↠ Grein ↠ Krems an der Donau ↠ Vienna (2 nights)
↠ Bratislava ↠ Györ ↠ Esztergom ↠ Budapest
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
750 km by bike in 8 days, that is to say 94 km on average per day, this represents a physical and sporting challenge which is not within everyone´s reach !
However, the EuroVelo 6 cycle path runs along the Danube, is flat all the way, and frequent stops to visit towns, villages and natural sites along the route make it perfectly accessible with a minimum of preparation. Especially since you will sleep in comfortable hotels, with quality services.
The regions crossed offer very different landscapes, and all compete in beauty and interest. Some stopovers are essential, such as the 3 national capitals, the others were chosen for their particular interest.
By crossing 4 countries, you are going to discover as many peoples, cultures, traditions, gastronomies,... In the end, it's a wonderful collective adventure with the guarantee of getting back in great shape, with lots of images and memories in mind !
* The splendid landscapes of nature in the regions crossed, from the Länder of Upper Austria and Lower Austria, to the Counties of north-western Hungary before arriving in Budapest
* The charming and quiet villages, offering pleasant stops and closer contact with the locals
* The beautiful castles, churches and monuments on your bike route
* The discovery of interesting regional metropolises : Munich, Linz, Györ, Esztergom
* The visit of 3 national capitals, rich in history, monuments and architecture : Vienna (One-day hop-on hop-off bus ticket offered for the half-way rest day), Bratislava, Budapest (Night boat cruise on the Danube offered on the last evening)
* The gastronomy of 4 countries, which deserves to be known, especially in Hungary
* And let's not forget : the Danube, 2nd largest river in Europe by its length (after the Volga in Russia), majestic, wild,...
Arrival in Munich A
Transfer to Passau B (by train)
Passau - Linz C (110 km)
Linz - Grein D (81 km)
Grein - Krems an der Donau E (96 km)
Krems an der Donau - Vienna F (93 km)
Free day in Vienna
Vienna - Bratislava G (80 km)
Bratislava - Györ H (90 km)
Györ - Esztergom I (117 km)
Esztergom - Budapest J (80 km)
THE BIKE GUIDE : Yes or No ?
* The bike guide is responsible for leading and managing the group throughout the different stages of the Bike Tour. He/she speaks several languages, including English.
* He/she is your first interlocutor for all subjects related to cycling (itinerary monitoring, small repairs,...).
* He/she carries the first aid kit and, if necessary, activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* Always with the group, he/she regulates cadence so that everyone arrives at the end of the stage. But each one is free to ride with the group or solo, to meet the group later in the day or in the evening at the hotel.
* He/she facilitates check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, border crossing procedures, access to tourist sites.
* Maximum of 8 bikers per guide. A 2nd bike guide is necessary if your group has between 9 and 16 bikers, a 3rd bike guide is necessary if your group has between 17 and 24 bikers, etc...
BUT... If you prefer adventure alone or with your friends, already know how to regulate your pace to complete the stages in time (preferably before dark), and speak at least fluent English, you can do this cycle route without a bike guide. You will receive detailed itineraries before leaving, with recommended stops (landscapes, site visits, etc.) and will self-guide with your mobile phone or tablet, as long as you have a good internet connection on the move.
Dream Sports Adventure will provide the same advanced logistics (bike rental, reservation of hotels and activities included, etc.), and a hotline to resolve any unforeseen events.
THE RENTAL BIKE, with accessories and adapted to your route
Our rental bike package includes :
* Touring Bike adapted to your route (KTM 24 Speed, RAYMON
Touring 5.0,...) with rear rack to attach panniers
* 40L Rear Panniers (2 x 20L Panniers)
* Bike Lock
* Repair Kit, Spare Tubes, Pump & Tools
* Take the bike in Passau and leave the bike in Budapest
OBS. : If you intend to bring your own bike, please let us know and Dream Sports Adventure will compensate you for the value of the bike rental, noting however that the transport (air, trail,...) of your bike requires special packaging and can easily cost more.