MUNICH - BUDAPEST 12 days, 11 nights
Munich ↠ Passau
Passau ↠ Linz ↠ Grein ↠ Krems an der Donau ↠ Vienna (2 nights)
↠ Bratislava ↠ Györ ↠ Esztergom ↠ Budapest (2 nights)
Forget the stress of everyday life, take a little break to spend a few days in fabulous landscapes !
750 km by bike in 8 days, that is to say 94 km on average per day, this represents a physical and sporting challenge which is not within everyone´s reach !
However, the EuroVelo 6 cycle path runs along the Danube, is flat all the way, and frequent stops to visit towns, villages and natural sites along the route make it perfectly accessible with a minimum of preparation. Especially since we will sleep in comfortable hotels, with quality services.
The regions crossed offer very different landscapes, and all compete in beauty and interest. Some stopovers are essential, such as the 3 national capitals, the others were chosen for their particular interest.
By crossing 4 countries, we are going to discover as many peoples, cultures, traditions, gastronomies,... In the end, it's a wonderful collective adventure with the guarantee of getting back in great shape, with lots of images and memories in mind !
* The splendid landscapes of nature in the regions crossed, from the Länder of Upper Austria and Lower Austria, to the Counties of north-western Hungary before arriving in Budapest
* The charming and quiet villages, offering pleasant stops and closer contact with the locals
* The beautiful castles, churches and monuments on our bike route
* The discovery of interesting regional metropolises : Munich, Linz, Györ, Esztergom
* The visit of 3 national capitals, rich in history, monuments and architecture : Vienna (One-day hop-on hop-off bus ticket offered for the half-way rest day), Bratislava, Budapest (Night boat cruise on the Danube offered on the last evening)
* The gastronomy of 4 countries, which deserves to be known, especially in Hungary
* And let's not forget : the Danube, 2nd largest river in Europe by its length (after the Volga in Russia), majestic, wild,...
Arrival in Munich A
Transfer to Passau B (by train)
Passau - Linz C (110 km)
Linz - Grein D (81 km)
Grein - Krems an der Donau E (96 km)
Krems an der Donau - Vienna F (93 km)
Free day in Vienna
Vienna - Bratislava G (80 km)
Bratislava - Györ H (90 km)
Györ - Esztergom I (117 km)
Esztergom - Budapest J (80 km)
Free day in Budapest
THE BIKE GUIDE, very useful...
* The bike guide is responsible for leading and managing the group throughout the different stages of the Munich - Budapest Bike Tour. He speaks several languages, including English.
* He is your first interlocutor for all subjects related to cycling (itinerary monitoring, small repairs,...).
* He carries the first aid kit and, if necessary, activates external services (insurance, mechanical repair, rescue,...).
* Always with the group, he regulates cadence so that everyone arrives at the end of the stage. But each one is free to ride with the group or solo, to meet the group later in the day or in the evening at the hotel.
* He takes care of check-in and check-out in hotels, restaurant orders, border crossing procedures, access to tourist sites.
* Last but not least... he gives you some info about the country, the regions crossed, or even the places visited (when there is no local professional guide).
THE RENTAL BIKE, with accessories and adapted to our route
Our 9 days rental bike package includes :
* KTM 24 Speed Touring Bike (with rear racks to carry panniers and
water bottle carrier)
* 40L Ortlieb Rear Panniers (2 x 20L Panniers)
* Bike Lock
* Repair Kit, Spare Tubes, Pump & Tools
* Take the bike in Passau and leave the bike in Budapest
OBS. : If you prefer to bring your own bike for the Munich - Budapest Bike Tour, 350 € will be deducted from the value of your package.
Comfortable single, double, twin suites with breakfast and taxes included, and personalized customer service
Charming Hotels, Spas and Resorts in quiet and lovely areas, preferably surrounded by nature
Day after day, discover each stage of the Munich - Budapest Bike Tour, through the lovely landscapes of the Danube valleys, the beautiful capitals and cities crossed, some great monuments and cultural sites to visit,...
And think no more : sign up to join us for this wonderful experience !!